Sortsort (sôrt),USA pronunciation n.
- a particular kind, species, variety, class, or group, distinguished by a common character or nature: to develop a new sort of painting; nice people, of course, but not really our sort.
- character, quality, or nature: young people of a nice sort.
- an example of something that is undistinguished or barely adequate: He is a sort of poet.
- manner, fashion, or way: We spoke in this sort for several minutes.
- any of the individual characters making up a font of type.
- characters of a particular font that are rarely used.
- an instance of sorting.
- of sorts:
- of a mediocre or poor kind: a tennis player of sorts.
- of one sort or another;
of an indefinite kind. Also, of a sort.
- out of sorts:
- in low spirits;
- in poor health;
- in a bad temper;
irritable: to be out of sorts because of the weather.
- short of certain characters of a font of type.
- sort of, in a way;
rather: Their conversation was sort of tiresome.
- to arrange according to sort, kind, or class;
separate into sorts;
classify: to sort socks; to sort eggs by grade.
- to separate or take from other sorts or from others (often fol. by out): to sort the good from the bad; to sort out the children's socks.
- to assign to a particular class, group, or place (often fol. by with, together, etc.): to sort people together indiscriminately.
- to provide with food and shelter.
- to place (records) in order, as numerical or alphabetical, based on the contents of one or more keys contained in each record. Cf. key 1 (def. 19).
- [Archaic.]to suit;
- to associate, mingle, or be friendly.
- sort out:
turn out: We'll just have to wait and see how things sort out.
- to put in order;
clarify: After I sort things out here, I'll be able to concentrate on your problem.
Tableta•ble (tā′bəl),USA pronunciation n., v., -bled, -bling, adj.
- an article of furniture consisting of a flat, slablike top supported on one or more legs or other supports: a kitchen table; an operating table; a pool table.
- such a piece of furniture specifically used for serving food to those seated at it.
- the food placed on a table to be eaten: She sets a good table.
- a group of persons at a table, as for a meal, game, or business transaction.
- a gaming table.
- a flat or plane surface;
a level area.
- a tableland or plateau.
- a concise list or guide: a table of contents.
- an arrangement of words, numbers, or signs, or combinations of them, as in parallel columns, to exhibit a set of facts or relations in a definite, compact, and comprehensive form;
a synopsis or scheme.
- (cap.) the constellation Mensa.
- a flat and relatively thin piece of wood, stone, metal, or other hard substance, esp. one artificially shaped for a particular purpose.
- a course or band, esp. of masonry, having a distinctive form or position.
- a distinctively treated surface on a wall.
- a smooth, flat board or slab on which inscriptions may be put.
- the tablets on which certain collections of laws were anciently inscribed: the tables of the Decalogue.
- the laws themselves.
- the inner or outer hard layer or any of the flat bones of the skull.
- a sounding board.
- the upper horizontal surface of a faceted gem.
- a gem with such a surface.
- on the table, [Parl. Proc.]
- [Brit.]submitted for consideration.
- turn the tables, to cause a reversal of an existing situation, esp. with regard to gaining the upper hand over a competitor, rival, antagonist, etc.: Fortune turned the tables and we won. We turned the tables on them and undersold them by 50 percent.
- under the table:
- as a bribe;
secretly: She gave money under the table to get the apartment.
- wait (on) table, to work as a waiter or waitress: He worked his way through college by waiting table.Also, wait tables.
- to place (a card, money, etc.) on a table.
- to enter in or form into a table or list.
- [Parl. Proc.]
- [Chiefly U.S.]to lay aside (a proposal, resolution, etc.) for future discussion, usually with a view to postponing or shelving the matter indefinitely.
- to present (a proposal, resolution, etc.) for discussion.
- of, pertaining to, or for use on a table: a table lamp.
- suitable for serving at a table or for eating or drinking: table grapes.
You'll be able to put a modern coffee table facing the sofa or in a corner near the screen. You'll be able to like a cup of coffee with a pal or member of the family while watching Television or studying the paper or commit your nights to enjoy with chess with them.
- Fall Decorations Cheap
- How Do I Install A Door Knob
- Keypad Entry Garage Door Opener
- Decorative Collective Antiques
- Antique Dining Room Furniture For Sale
- Armoire Building Plans
- Insurance For Thatched Cottages
- 36 Granite Vanity Top
- How To Decorate A Cake With Fondant Video
- Gas Fireplace Inserts Cost
- Fairfield Chair
- Comfort-u Maternity Pillow
- Chevelle 4 Door For Sale
- Battery Powered Crib Mobile
- Antique Hurricane Oil Lamps Value
- Drowning Pool Let The Bodies Hit The Floor